Thursday, July 4, 2013

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

       You may have noticed that this blog is very... diverse, which may or may not be a euphemism for scatter-brained. One reason for this is because I'm new to this and another is simply because I too am scatter-brained and have too many interests for my own good. Furthermore, I think one will get more out of my writing if one knows a little about me so here are the top ten facts about the Noble Savage:

  1. My name really is Noble. I'm kind of self conscious about this fact because I think it makes me sound pretentious. Of course, we can decide for ourselves whether or not I, in fact, am pretentious but I definitely don't want anyone deciding that as soon as they hear my name. Also, with a name like this I almost felt obligated to created a blog titled using silly wordplay. 
  2. I like to ride bicycles. I don't care for cars and try to only use them when going on a date or giving a friend a ride as a favor so I try to commute on a bicycle as much as I can. I also race with a team called Saltcycle-Intelitechs, a spectacular group of smelly, bearded champions. I own an Iro fixed gear that I built myself from the ground up for commuting and a carbon fiber Bianchi for racing. 
  3. I play the saxophone. I am primarily a jazz artist and mostly perform with jazz combos. I have never really been able to wrap my head around classical saxophone playing because I just don't really think the saxophone was designed for classical music but I have fiddled with some classical solos from time to time. Interestingly enough, though, I actually leave for a tour through Europe two days from now with a large wind ensemble. This is very strange because it is the first time I have ever played in a large group and I really have no idea how to do it; I am totally shooting from the hip. 
  4. I love chess. I love to play chess and many of my friendships have been forged using the game's righteous flames. As you can see by my chess.com Elo score, I am a mediocre chess player at best but I think I can hold my own and I love to play even when I lose so long as it is a valiant and honorable defeat. Chess is cool! If you disagree you don't know anything. Also, feel free to challenge me if you have a chess.com profile and tell me you read this because it will make me feel really good if anyone actually sees this post. My username is Nobilis_Saeva. Huzzah! 
  5. I have an affinity for apparel and fashion. Which are not the same thing, in my opinion. As before mentioned, my family works in the apparel industry and I have been around it all my life. I like to look nice and I like to do my best to keep up with the constantly changing trends (a terribly challenging feat). 
  6. Books are cool too! Again, if you disagree then you are wrong. I love Russian literature especially-- the writings of Dostoevsky and Bulgakov, especially-- and I like people who also like books and are willing to discuss them with me. Even if said people are silly and like Charles Dickens, I am happy to hear your opinions. 
  7. I, honest to God, not only read manga but read a lot of it. Literally, as I write this, three of the four tabs I have open on Chrome are online manga sites. I read way too much manga for my own good and it's really embarrassing because manga is not ever of even moderate literary merit. My favorite is Bleach because I think samurais are neat. 
  8. I am fascinated by economics. I know, it's not news to me that economics is one of the most boring studies ever but I love it and I love studying it and I think it's fascinating and sometimes even hilarious the effect money has on people's behavior. Dance, my puppets. 
  9. I love Star Wars. Need I say more? 
  10. I have absolutely no idea how to run a blog. This one may be obvious but I really don't know how to go about doing this. I'm just writing random stuff that comes to mind. Maybe that's okay, maybe not. For instance, a couple months ago I completely destroyed this blog by posting a bunch of hyper-emotional post-breakup rants that gave me some serious negativ publicity and lost me what few followers I had. That's bad news but I learned not to do that so maybe one day I will have this whole internet thing figured out! With unwavering tenacity the Noble Savage carries on! Hai ya!  

No comments:

Post a Comment