Saturday, August 3, 2013

My Week in the "Zempire"

       The giant trade show known as Outdoor Retailer (OR for short) visited, as it does twice a year, my city of residence this week. I, due to my family's connections in this industry, was called upon as a bit of a taskmaster for a footwear company called ZEMgear or just Zem. The name is a clever and catchy acronym for Zone of Endless Motion. I, being primarily a bicyclist, had never really looked into the minimalist "barefoot" footwear industry in which Zem is a frontrunner but I'm always happy to meet new people, make new connections, and support the allies and clients of my family's business so naturally I accepted the mission. My week in the Zempire was by no means one of menial errands and indentured servitude but instead a fascinating and priceless opportunity.
       It began early in the week when I was called to the aid of a Zemployee who, upon attempting to rent a car for his visit, found that his driver's license had expired and he was thus completely immobile and couldn't make the necessary preparatory pre-show errands so it's fortunate that Nobilis Saeva the Taskmaster was there for him. Of course, I was dreading the day because I knew I would be spending a lot of time driving around with some corporate, rigid businessman with whom I would doubtfully have anything in common but I was pleasantly surprised. Upon entering my car and hearing the Dave Brubeck Quartet we immediately found a link through our musical tastes, the Zemployee having, as I do, an affinity towards the soothing saxophone sounds of Paul Desmond. Thus the ice was broken right off the bat as we immediately found a topic of conversation that branched into many more, leaving the day completely devoid of awkward silence. I also found the Zemployee, in addition to being a man of great taste, to be a wonderfully learned man who, unlike most of any age, could easily discuss economics with me even getting into such specifics as the the glory and shame of Alan Greenspan's career.
       Later in the week, I had the pleasure of meeting none other than the Zempress herself and spending the evening with her. The Zempress is a strong German woman so automatically she had my respect and admiration. There's something that should be known about me and that is that Germany is my second favorite country in the world. I think Germany is horribly under-appreciated in the world of economics, politics, and for that matter even tourism. I see Germany as essentially being the last bastion of hope for the economic sanctity of the European Union so huzzah for Germany. After a long dinner with her, all my German presumptions were validated and I found her to be an excellent and infallable entrepreneur and it was a great pleasure to make her acquaintance. Thank you Zemployee and Zempress on behalf of the Noble Savage for a wonderful week, I'm excited to have built this connection with you and your company.

~Nobilis Saeva

P.S. I apologize for all the shameless "Zem" puns. One might even call me a Zembecile.

P.P.S. I hope ZEMgear doesn't sue me for using their logo without their permission...

No comments:

Post a Comment