Saturday, November 16, 2013

Apologies and Updates

     
Ha! Reminds me of my sister...

       Hello! To begin, I would like to apologize for how long it has been since I posted in here. I have, however, decided that I am going to try to post in here more often and see if I can grow this into a fruitful weblog. The reason why it's been so long since I've posted is because since my last post TONS of things have happened! So once again, I apologize for slacking but thank you for joining me while I get you caught up. 
       Perhaps the most intriguing of my recent events is that I have come into a relatively small but still intimidating inheritance from my late great-grandmother (may she rest in peace). I contemplated and discussed with various people what would be the most advantageous thing to do with this monetary influx and I decided on investment! This is perhaps not the most rational or wise option but it is by far the most fun and interesting and adventurous so I am going to channel my pioneer ancesters and give this a shot. I applied for an account on TD Ameritrade a few days ago and as soon as that goes through I will transfer some funds and get started! I'm super nervous but what do I really have to lose? Wish me luck!
        In other news, my home rennovations are reaching their close and I have been able to unbury my bicycles and saxophones so I can resume my hobbies finally! However, a couple of days ago I tried bike commuting again and it was super painful. I've become a wimp and it doesn't help that just as my bikes rise from the depths the weather turns bitter. I noticed, especially, that my derrièr has become sensitive and my saddle was feeling very uncomfortable. 
       I got a haircut!
       I became a "Zembassador!" Perhaps you will remember my earlier post on a footwear company called Zemgear. One of their executives contacted me recently and had me fill out a form to become a ZEMbassador where I will be given shoes in exchange for awesome action shots of me using said shoes which is awesome and fun and I'm very excited about that. 
       I've also been reading lots of comic books. Watchmen is one of the best novels ever, and that's coming from a book fanatic who works at a bookstore.  
       Remember how I had set a goal a year ago to gain an ELO rating of 1700 by October? As you can see by the panel on the right of this post, I failed that goal. With that said, I'm not upset about it! I actually think I put in a very valiant effort and have become significantly better at chess than I was a year ago so it's okay! Unfortunately, I got to about 1350 when life caught up to me and I become really stressed about various things and lost on time on four or five games which brought me all the way down to about 1260 which is annoying. I started playing again so hopefully I will catch back up soon enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment